Parents, family members, professionals and community members are encouraged to join. As a member you will receive our newsletters and be invited to our AGM and other meetings and functions.
To become a member of FIN Victoria you must support our aims and purposes.
- $20.00 waged
- $10.00 concession/unwaged
- Free for parents and family members currently involved with child protection
Our Aims and Purposes
- To provide information and support to parents and families who have had, or at risk of having, children placed in out-of-home care.
- To provide information to workers providing support to parents and families who have had, or at risk of having, children placed in out-of-home care.
- To provide opportunities for parents and families to:
- give support and advocacy to one another; and
- be heard by professionals and policy makers so they may have a deeper understanding of, and responsiveness to, the issues and concerns raised by them.
- To promote knowledge and understanding throughout the community of:
- issues faced by parents and families leading to, and following, children being placed in out-of-home care;
- the impact and outcomes for children placed in out-of-home care; and
- assistance and support that can be provided to parents and families to prevent children being placed in out-of-home care or to facilitate re-unification.
Read the Rules of our Association in full here.